unknown command vbeinfo (changing splashscreen) in 11.04

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:11:08 UTC 2011

On 22 September 2011 06:08, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> See the entire reason I am trying all this is because I want a
> colorful splashscreen in grub2 when my system boots up.

I suspect the conclusion of all the previous posts is that it is
tricky, if not impossible, to do this when using Wubi.  Is it really
worth the effort?

Can I just check that it is the boot splash that you want to change
(ie the background during the boot process), not the screen wallpaper
background that is shown on the system after boot, while you are
actually using Ubuntu.

It is difficult to see why it is worth spending all this effort just
to get a colourful background during just the boot sequence.

Colin
--
gplus.to/clanlaw