Youtube videos

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:47:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Bruce Pieterse <octoquadza at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed 21 Sep 2011 23:52:01 SAST, Bruce Pieterse wrote:

>>> Try pymaxe.deb.
>>> http://blog.ov1d1u.net/2010/01/pymaxe.html
>>>

>> You can also try Easy Youtube Downloader. It sits underneath the video and
>> you can download it in different formats.
>>

> Forgot to add the Easy Youtube Downloader is for Firefox.

> Bruce Pieterse
>
> --

Well I use 2 shell scripts to do the same.
If you watched the video in a browser like Chrome then use this one

#!/bin/bash
for i in `pgrep chromium`
do
     PIDS=${PIDS}$i","
done
PIDS=`echo ${PIDS:0:${#PIDS}-1}`
export IFS=""
for i in `lsof -np $PIDS | grep deleted | grep /tmp/Fl*`
do
     PID=`echo $i | cut -d " " -f 2`
     FD=`echo $i | cut -d " " -f 6`
     FD=`echo ${FD:0:${#FD}-1}`
     cp /proc/$PID/fd/$FD ~/Desktop/$PID_$FD.flvdone
export IFS=" "
done

and if you use firefox to watch the video  then you can use the following

#!/bin/bash
for i in `pgrep -f libflashplayer.so`
do
     PIDS=${PIDS}$i","
done
PIDS=`echo ${PIDS:0:${#PIDS}-1}`
export IFS=""
for i in `lsof -np $PIDS | grep deleted | grep /tmp/Fl*`
do
     PID=`echo $i | cut -d " " -f 2`
     FD=`echo $i | cut -d " " -f 6`
     FD=`echo ${FD:0:${#FD}-1}`
     cp /proc/$PID/fd/$FD ~/Desktop/$PID_$FD.flvdone
export IFS=" "
done

The above scripts are not limited to any particular site.They
basically find out the open file descriptor of the concerned process
(which is playing video on your screen) and from your cache will copy
that video to your desktop.