Thunderbird question

wayward4now wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:52:30 UTC 2011

When I send a message, instead of the process happening in the
background, ala Evolution, it puts a "sending message box smack dab in
the middle of my workspace with a progress bar indicating that it is
dutifully fulfilling it's function. I'd rather not be bothered with this
display... and have it backgrounded so I can get back to email. I've
looked and don't find a way to disable the notification. Anyone know?
Thanks in advance. The thing is annoying. Ric