synaptic SOLVED and mirrors

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 11:51:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 15:59 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

>> > ...and? Do what?
>>
>> You will have the window open that says, "Root Software Sources."
>>
>> Click the button next to the line that says, "Download from:"
>
> That's the part I don't have yet. Would you email attach a copy of your
> sources.list file for natty to me privately?? I'd appreciate it. I'm
> slowly working the kinks out of this project ...de-minting Natty. So,
> far so good. I've pressed my fair share of red buttons, too. Ric

I have test installed Mint recently, and Synaptic there doesn't show
the mirrors, if I recall correctly. Also while it didn't show any
updates in the update manager, apt-get upgade reported them
(inconsistency).

Also they have different default applications, like default media player etc.

I strongly recommend to perform an Ubuntu 11.04 clean install.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net