how to save back /bin

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:56:03 UTC 2011

On 17 September 2011 04:55, Arvind S Raj <sraj.arvind at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM, vichy <vichy.kuo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't want to to reinstall my system and I just want to know is
>> there easiest way to restore /bin/*.
>> Appreciate your help,
>
> Easiest is to reinstall. /home will remain unaffected. You could backup your
> installed applications before you reinstall so restoring is easy.

To do that make sure you go down the Advanced route in the installer
(or whatever it is called on the version you are installing), select
this on the page where you decide whether you want it Alongside, Full
Disk and so on.  Then make sure that the partition for '/' (or '/home'
if you have that on a separate partition) is *not* selected to be
formatted.

Colin