synaptic SOLVED and mirrors

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 05:10:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 22:16 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:11:43 -0400
> Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 15:59 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> > > You will have the window open that says, "Root Software Sources."
> > >
> > > Click the button next to the line that says, "Download from:"
> >
> > That's the part I don't have yet. Would you email attach a copy of
> > your sources.list file for natty to me privately?? I'd appreciate it.
> > I'm slowly working the kinks out of this project ...de-minting Natty.
> > So, far so good. I've pressed my fair share of red buttons, too. Ric
> >
> No Natty here, but that shouldn't change the synaptic settings.
> Remember, I dumped Natty and 'regressed' to Lucid which continues to
> amaze me at how fast it is compared to both Maverick and Natty.
> But on to your problem changing servers.  Do you not see the item I
> mentioned?  I can send a screenshot of that if you so wish.  I have
> seen a couple of distros which had that option unavailable.  Bodhi
> comes to mind.  I can't speak to what Mint (especially
> half-dismantled  ;-]) might or might not offer.

Heh, it's offering me a pain in the tail, so far. I do notice that Java
seems slower... for whatever reason. I have my Lucid 32bit DVD, so I
JUST MIGHT do as you did, regress this entire business to Lucid with my
tail between my legs. But, I'll have to order the 64 bit version.
On-disk has been pretty good to me, I highly recommend them. They just
emailed me and told me that KDE is not in the big DVD they offer any
more. I can live with that. I'll install that bit from the web, no prob.
Thanks! Ric

Linux user# 44256