how to install firmware for wifi when lan is not working

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:29:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Ioannis Vranos
> Thats is what I want to know how do I install this when I am not
> connected to any network I do not have a LAN connectivity only Wifi
> and Wireless does not have drivers?

Just pick a download link from this page:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/all/linux-firmware-nonfree/download

and install it to your laptop (by double-clicking on the file).

Did you try the keyboard function keys related to enabling/disabling
wireless in your laptop (check your laptop manual for the function
keys).

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net