incessant lockout screens with request for password

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Sep 15 10:01:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, September 15, 2011 11:29, Colin Law wrote:
> On 15 September 2011 10:22, nepal <nepal.roade at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 03:29:08 +0000 (UTC)
>> barryeisenberg at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>> the new ubuntu locks the screen, requesting my password if i leave
>>> the computer unattended for a minute or two. it's driving me nuts and
>>> i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far
>>> less frequently. please help
>>>
>> Best of luck with that. I first saw that problem with 9.04, it would
>> not fix by any settings I changed or even by removing the power manager
>> and screensaver packages from the system, the f***ing thing would still
>> blank the screen. So I gave up on 10.04 (which still had the problem)
>> and moved to using Mint which didn't have the proble.
>>
>> About 2 weeks ago I tried a fresh install of natty? the one with the
>> poorly thought out icon interface. I quite liked some of the new
>> features, but the screen blanking problem persists, so I haven't used
>> it since.
>
> Can you point us to your bug report please?

Colin,

A nicer question would have been "did you file a bug report at the time,
and can you point us to it?".

He probably didn't, because few people even know that this is possible.
And those that do find the proper way often experience some frustration.
For example I have a bug report that hasn't been fixed for a couple of
years. Every few months someone adds a new comment, but I guess the best
way to "fix" the problem, is to wait until the affected piece of hardware
has become obsolete.

--
Amedee