Looking for Linux Kernel source

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 14 17:30:10 UTC 2011

On 14/09/11 08:57, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>> I just used apt-get in a folder in my download area. I'll copy it to a stick
>> later, once I'm sure how much of it I actually need.
>> It may only be the kernel subfolder itself.
>
>    if you have the disk space, i would strongly recommend cloning the
> git repository since being able to poke around in the log and see the
> history and rationale of changes can be terrifically useful.

I will do that when I get back but on holiday I'll only have
my (very early) eeePC netbook with a USB stick so I want to
save space. I've deleted the Documentation and arch folders
(except the x86 subfolder).

Hopefully that will cover everything in the book.

Once I get back I may well start poking about in the code myself, at
which point I'll put the full download on my desktop box.

Thanks,

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site