netbook, close, suspend: ACPI?

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:08:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 14 September 2011 12:19, Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina at rktmb.org>
> wrote:
> > On 09/14/2011 10:25 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> >>
> >> Go to System Settings>  Hardware>  Power Management, or if you are
> >> still using the classic interface then System>  Preferences>  Power
> >> Management and there you will be able to set the action when the lid
> >> is closed to Blank Screen.
> >
> > As headless machine, I did not instal DE.
>
> Sorry, what is DE?

Desktop Environment. The guy can't go to Settings / Hardware /
PowerManagement as he has no desktop. He should be altering the config files
which control these things

/etc/default/acpi-support perhaps.

Can't check - only have AIX machines available here

--
Steve

When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people
suffer from a delusion it is called religion.