Looking for Linux Kernel source

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 14 00:53:12 UTC 2011

Hi,
My first post here, as a very recent Ubuntu convert (10.4 LTS).
Please be gentle! :-)

I've bought Love's book on the Linux Kernel to read on my holiday next
week. I thought it would be useful to have the Kernel source to read
along with it but don't want to install it as a package, I'd rather just
have a tarball on a USB stick.

Where can I get it? Several sites pointed me to kernel.org but that site
seems to be down. Are there any mirror sites I could use? It doesn't
need to be the very latest version, any 2.3+ version will do.

I suppose I could just install the package via Synaptic but I wasn't
sure what else the package install might do to my system in the
background...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site