synaptic

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 14 05:42:16 UTC 2011

On 14/09/11 15:05, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 19:26 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 13/09/11 17:05, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> Is anyone else having problems with synaptic lately? I don't recall
>>> seeing this behavior before where it keeps trying to hit
>>> "Translations-en" and "Translations-en_US" and "Translationsindex"
>>> repeatedly and repeatedly, hangs for a bit then hits on them again. Then
>>> it utterly fails. This is with natty, BTW. Status on each reads "failed"
>>> during the reload process.
>>>
>>> The reload takes forever, then there are no upgrades noted to apply. An
>>> apt-get upgrade loads packages and installs them just fine. This is
>>> making me nutz. I hope I didn't break it. But, if I did, how to fix? Ric
>> Simple answer, old boy: time to change to another distro.
>>
>> Ah, but haven't you already switched over to Minties by now?
> Just beat me, go ahead and beat me.. I admit it, I won't do that
> again. :) Ric

I am really not sure why you would be having such a problem because Mint
is a simple lift of Ubuntu and uses the same method and repos to update
itself.

I am sure that you would be aware that in the list of servers for the
s/ware the default setting is the main server for Ubuntu, but you can
then either select a mirror of your choice or allow the system to give
you a list of the most EFFICIENT servers for you to access - and you
then select the one you feel most comfortable with. But you know all
this......

BC

--
Any experiment in life will be at your own experience.