synaptic

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:56:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 10:42 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 13 September 2011 08:05, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The reload takes forever, then there are no upgrades noted to apply. An
> > apt-get upgrade loads packages and installs them just fine. This is
> > making me nutz. I hope I didn't break it. But, if I did, how to fix? Ric
> >

> Which country mirror are you using? Perhaps switch to a different one
> and see if the issue still occurs?

Thanks Al. I sinned and installed Mint 11. I admit it. I can't STAND
that HTML only community thing they have. I might as well be top-posting
in here at 300 baud. Maybe they bought up AOL for cheap and are using
that as a user/community front end, I dunno. It ain't for old-skool
text-email-only me. But, I don't like that Ubuntu web support thing
either. But, that's just me... old and crabby.

I believed the hype, drank the kool-aid and installed it. I broke my
synaptic and now wear it like an albatross like the Ancient Mariner. I
swear Al, I repent, beg forgiveness and shall SIN NO MORE! But I will
continue to install KDE on top of Natty.

I wonder is there is a way to turn-off the Mint components/packages to
make this install over into vanilla Natty? This install probably thinks
I'm in Berlin or something. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256