netbook, close, suspend: ACPI?

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Wed Sep 14 04:35:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have a small netbook that I broke the screen.

I use it as a headless gateway now (the VGA port is still OK when
needed, I just have to plug a screen).

I just noticed that if I "close" (or fold) it, after a while it goes to
suspend state (or hibernate I dont know exactly). I have to "open" it
and press the power button in order to make it. If I dont close it, it's
alright, nothing to say.

How to avoid going to a sleepy state when closed? I want to close it for
esthetic reasons.

I guess it's about disabling some ACPI, but what is the Debian/Ubuntu
way to do that?

--
RMA.