[OT] - Netflix

Bruce Pieterse octoquadza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:41:54 UTC 2011

On Sep 13, 2011 2:29 PM, "Hal Burgiss" <hal at burgiss.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Hunter Poe <poe.hunter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Here's what I really don't get is last time I visited their site on
Ubuntu and they told me Chrome OS was a supported platform. I could be wrong
but my understanding is that Chrome OS is a Linux distro that is
proprietary, or at very least uses the Linux kernel. So why the heck doesn't
it work on Ubuntu?

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2011/08/12/netflixs-chrome-os-plugin-may-be-one-of-googles-first-native-client-examples/

> --
> Hal

Hal,

You could try a user agent switcher in firefox to emulate another browser
and/or OS. Most web based apps use that to distinguish if the user is
running the right os and browser in order for the site to work properly and
allow the service to be used.

Just remember that you won't be able to contact support if the above does
work to some degree as they already have warned you that it won't work with
Linux.

Good Luck!

Bruce