Interesting Emulators

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:26:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 17:58 -0400, Juan wrote:
>> El 09/09/11 01:55, Ric Moore escribió:
>
>> > I got it working... using pcsxr (reloaded) but I can't figure out the
>> > keyboard controls for it.
>> >

>> Good. It worked nearly out of the box. I'm testing it with Need For
>> Speed and a set of BIOS dumps. Thanks.
>
> Interesting problem. glad to have helped! Now I'm glued on dosbox and
> running a bunch of old DOS games I used to love. Thanks for getting me
> re-hooked on Wacky Wheels. I loved that one. Even played it networked
> via 14.4 modems back in the day! "Another World" is another favorite of
> mine, ported to DOS from the Amiga. :) Ric

I find all these emulators interesting. Regarding DOS, one can
download a real DOS, FreeDOS:

http://www.freedos.org

http://www.freedos.org/freedos/files/

Regarding emulators, interesting ones for all Commodore machines:

Vice: http://www.viceteam.org/

It is available from the Ubuntu repositories. The missing ROM files
can be found at the WinVICE zip archives:
http://www.viceteam.org/#download

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net