What program does local delivery?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Mon Sep 5 21:06:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 13:24 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> What program does local delivery?  The sendmail.mc file says
> MAILER(`local').  How do I figure out what program is actually being
> used?  I want to change the destination where the mail is delivered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson

No I'm not trying to start a sendmail vs postfix war, only want to say
that I included my domain name in the
mydestination =
line in /etc/postfix/main.cf
then restarted postfix and it "just worked" including mail delivered
from outside, at least I think that was all I did. Getting it to act as
a relay to send mail out is a little more work but not too bad.

All you need to do then is sort out the aliases file to get it to
deliver to the intended box.

If you're using sendmail you have to put your modified mc file through
some macro processing program, if I remember rightly, every time you
make a change to it. I could never get it to work properly for me, but
others swear by it. I just swore at it.

Dave