Error with Unity and classic Gnome

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 02:39:25 UTC 2011

On 09/04/2011 05:34 PM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 10:54:56PM +0400, Mohammad AbuShady wrote:
>> Gnome classic is installable on oneiric isn't it?
>
> Please move this discussion to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> because this list is not for bug reporting or user aided support,
> this is simply a list for people who handle bugs. While I am here
> though, I'll also add that I believe Gnome-Classic is apart of
> Unity I could not find a specific package that mentions it on my
> system upon apt grep.

While you are over at ubuntu.bugsquad, you might have them remove the
silly encrypted address option in gmane.org. That way you don't end up
with the address as shown above.

Regarding the question: If the OP means the standard GNOME desktop
similar those prior to natty, and known in natty as 'Ubuntu Classic',
the answer is yes. I have oneiric running in a virtual machine
(virtualbox) and the option to run 'GNOME Classic' is available.