I Was Wondering???

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sun Sep 4 18:34:16 UTC 2011

On Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:48:42 pm Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2011/9/4 Pastor JW <pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org>:

> > Its simple, in your filter setup select "content-type" select "contains"
> > and select "text/html" then under actions select "move into folder" and
> > put "Local Folders/trash" in the remaining requester box and your html
> > messages are all automatically shifted to the trash folder without you
> > even have to look at them!
>
> In which email client? I don't use one at all, I just log in to GMail
> with my browser. In the past I've used my browser's built in email
> client (Opera M2) but I didn't like it's behaviour when set to IMAP,
> so I tried Evolution instead which worked better, but none of them are
> as convenient as just logging in to the web site (except the filter
> options then, I guess…). Maybe I should ask the GMail people to add
> that feature. At the moment it looks like the filters are somewhat
> more limited than in most of the email clients out there.

I use Kmail.  I tend not to like the bloated up suite packages so its the
Kmail part only.  It fetches mail from gmail, the church server, my domain
address mail and from my ISP mail account every 10 minutes or so and deletes
it off the host servers.  The other thing I like is that this config was setup
on a 6.04 version of Kubuntu and all upgrades since have preserved all my
original setup config files.  When I answer, it answers reflecting the address
from which I received the original message.  I can use the online setups on my
browser if I have to, (like when I am traveling) to send messages but find that
interface quite awkward.  Oh, and one CAN with Kmail check all headers and find
out what the message was written with!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403