My mouse is driving me crazy

Curt Tresenriter ctres at grics.net
Sun Sep 4 10:41:25 UTC 2011

I've experienced this since 10.10 was released.
This is a relatively new install of Natty without Unity.
The mouse will lag at times. Cursor movement can be several seconds
behind the mouse movement. Clicking a button will often yield no results
and take three or four clicks before anything happens. Scrolling through
a directory with lots of files, it first acts naturally then won't
scroll for a few seconds then suddenly takes off again.
It will usually behave for a bit after a reboot but eventually it will
start acting up again and on occasion the problem clears up suddenly for
no apparent reason without a reboot. There have been long stretches when
it acts as it should and it appears to have resolved itself but it
doesn't last.

I do use Quick Synergy but it doesn't matter if it's running or not
cursor behavior is the same either way.