I Was Wondering???

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 07:48:54 UTC 2011

2011/9/4 Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap at arumes.com>:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 07:14:28 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>
>>> ?habit of top posting.
>>> please not do this evil, evil
>>> logic of a discussion. Could you
>>> it significantly harder to follow the
>>> not to top-post. Top-posting makes
>>> have been made previously for you
>>> I know that a number of requests
>>
>> Well, the solution is very easy: Just don't read those posts. By the
>> way, I wonder if there is a way to filter out top posted posts and those
>> with HTML so I don't need to see them. I guess I have to investigate
>> that.
>
> For top-posts, you'll need something that can filter on the body. Delete
> all messages that do have a References-header, but don't have a quoted
> line in the first 3 lines, or something like that.
> I used to write scripts for Hamster (a small mail- and newsserver,
> similar to Leafnode but a lot more advanced) to do such things for
> newsgroups, but I have no idea about how to do this in Linux with e-mail.
>
> --
> Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com

I was more looking for a way to do it in the GMail web site, but it
doesn't seem to be obvious if possible at all.
I don't want to delete them since I never delete anything, except spam
and things like that, because I want to be able to search in all email
I've ever reveived. I just want to filter some kinds of email out from
my inbox, but that's not harder to do than to delete them, so that
small part of the whole thing is not a problem. The problem is to
determine which messages are top posted and which are HTML and doing
it using the GMail filter feature.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ