I Was Wondering???

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:48:42 UTC 2011

2011/9/4 Pastor JW <pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org>:
> On Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:14:28 pm Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>> 2011/9/4 Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net>:
>> > On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:11:31 -0400
>> >
>> > Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> didst polemicize thusly:

>> > Even more interestingly, that post of mine got no reply from the OP who,
>> > in the almost 11 months since, has not changed his posting style,
>> > leading one to believe there's some kind of problem involving either
>> > apathy, arrogance or ignorance.
>> >
>> > ...still posts in HTML, too.
>> >
>> > Cybe R. Wizard
>> > --
>> > ?habit of top posting.
>> > please not do this evil, evil
>> > logic of a discussion. Could you
>> > it significantly harder to follow the
>> > not to top-post. Top-posting makes
>> > have been made previously for you
>> > I know that a number of requests
>>
>> Well, the solution is very easy: Just don't read those posts.
>> By the way, I wonder if there is a way to filter out top posted posts
>> and those with HTML so I don't need to see them. I guess I have to
>> investigate that.
>
> Its simple, in your filter setup select "content-type" select "contains" and
> select "text/html" then under actions select "move into folder" and put "Local
> Folders/trash" in the remaining requester box and your html messages are all
> automatically shifted to the trash folder without you even have to look at
> them!

In which email client? I don't use one at all, I just log in to GMail
with my browser. In the past I've used my browser's built in email
client (Opera M2) but I didn't like it's behaviour when set to IMAP,
so I tried Evolution instead which worked better, but none of them are
as convenient as just logging in to the web site (except the filter
options then, I guess…). Maybe I should ask the GMail people to add
that feature. At the moment it looks like the filters are somewhat
more limited than in most of the email clients out there.

> Actually it is the exact same filter setup I used for years in YAM on my
> Amiga bbs computer.  As to top posting if it is done I just delete that
> message without spending any more of my time with it.  I never really looked
> into try to make a filter to do it, however if the same person insists on
> continuing that action I do add the person's email address to my twit filter
> which does the same as the html one and I never see posts for him again
> either!

Well, I guess I could do something like that. Better than nothing, anyway.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ