error on burning cd via brasero

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:26:35 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-03 at 13:51 +0200, roberto wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Preston Hagar <prestonh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you want to read some from Jorg Schilling's point of view, here is
> > his web page about it:
> >
> > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
> >

> > TL;DR -   Install different burning libraries from the PPA above, they
> > are better than the default.  There might be some weird licensing
> > issues, but IANAL.
>
> I think it is an issue related to my hardware. But, of course, i think
> brasero is worse than k3b at the moment

Depending on how old your motherboard is and where you connect your DVD
drive, there was a file I had to edit for my IDE connected DVD drive to
enable faster transfer speeds... and I've long forgot which directory
and file it was in /etc

But, I could burn DVD's much more reliably after the change. If someone
recalls this fix, it might help the OP a bunch. Ric

Linux user# 44256