OpenOffice.org?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:30:37 UTC 2011

2011/9/3 Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>:
> On 09/03/2011 04:24 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> It was called ”OpenOffice.org” but it was really Go-oo, and as I
>> understand it, Go-oo is also a part of LibreOffice, so I'm not sure
>> how true it is to say that OpenOffice.org was replaced by LibreOffice.
>
> The way I "heard" the story was that Oracle was pretty much abandoning OO.
> Some of the developers broke off on their own and, using OO as a starting
> point, began LibreOffice.

Yes, that's what I've heard too, but they were immediately joined by
others, like Novel who seems to have contributed with code from their
Go-oo project, so it seems like OpenOffice.org code + Go-oo code + New
code = LibreOffice code.
Something like that, anyway.

One thing I like with LibreOffice is that they didn't name it ”LibreOffice.org”…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ