How to block a website on ubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 04:49:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 17:06 -0500, Jeffrey Gray wrote:
> I missed the beginning message in this thread I guess but a simple local
> solution to block a site is to specify it in the hosts file and direct it to
> somewhere else.  That's for Ubuntu, windows, whatever.

Right, but he wants to use facebook yet not allow anyone else on the
machine to use facebook. Me, I'd just threaten the hell outa everyone
and that would be that. Of course I'd then be a complete jerk with only
the dog loving me.

Or, the OP could just loosen up and let others have a time allotment of
facebook usage... unless there are factors we are not privy to. At least
at home you can monitor what they are doing on facebook, instead of them
going elsewhere to login. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256