Starting Development work

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sat Sep 3 03:18:25 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 09:11 PM, Pritam Baral wrote:
> I have (time and again) looked at the developer documentation(s). But I'm a
> little confused (read unclear) as to where to start (read what to do). I
> just tried the beta 1 iso, and have noted down a few bugs, but am unsure as
> to where to file the bugs (qa.ubuntu.com, launchpad?) and which packages to
> file them under.

File the bug on launchpad, note the bug on QA with the failure type and
area, and the specific package if you know it, since I always debug by
hand, I don't know much about apport and ubuntu-bug so I can't really
help you with how it works (it's supposed to be automatic?!) This url
has more info: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug

> Can someone please point me in the right direction?

The best direction I can give as far as technical is stated above, the
second best advice I can give is clean out the crap from your signature,
a single line message + your name will do, but when your signature is
bigger than your message, it's time to re-evaluate whether your
signature is actually useful a lot of people will ignore your emails if
they all come in like that.