jEdit problem on Natty [FOLLOWUP]

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 11:53:41 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 07:39 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> I am running jEdit 4.3.2 on Natty 11.04. I made a launcher on the
> desktop then dragged it to the Launcher. If I click on it jEdit opens
> but its icon on the Launcher does not show it is active, instead an icon
> of a window (named win0) appears on the Launcher.
>
> Now if I close jEdit and try to restart it from the Launcher, it will
> not start. I can restart it from the terminal, from the desktop launcher
> and from the file manager.
>
> I wonder if any other jEdit users on Natty are seeing this?
>
> Regards, Jim

I received the following reply from Vampire, a jEdit maintainer, on
another list:

<quote>
I guess you are referring to Unity?
With 4.4.1 this is fixed.
Except of course if you create a custom launcher (.desktop file) instead
of using the shipped one or just pinning the app to the launcher when
started.
If you make a custom .desktop file or want to "fix" the one shipped with
4.3.2, add the appropriate StartupWMClass to it:
http://jedit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedit/jEdit/trunk/package-files/linux/deb/jedit.desktop?revision=19561&view=markup

Regards
Vampire
</quote>