whether my system is 32 bit o 64 bit?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Sun Oct 30 09:21:16 UTC 2011

On 30 October 2011 09:15, Linux Tyro <ubuntu.bkn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, but please let me know about what are the benefits of using 64 bit
> version? As confirmed, I can use now 64 bit version (from the command's
> output).
You tell me what are the benefits of using 32 bit version apart from
not being able to use massive amounts of memory and using the CPUs in
the way they're designed for (and those are not really advantages, are
they)?

Using 64 bit version, I still can run a 32 bit application by
installing ia32libs package. I am not in the mood of getting into a
useless "Is 32 bit or 64 bit better" flame war this morning.