11.04 update

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:55:09 UTC 2011

I got the latest updates yesterday and this morning and something has gone
terribly wrong with my 11.04 laptop.

On a reboot yesterday after the latest updates, I get a few lines of
unreadable characters across the top of the screen and then this -
FATAL: Error inserting vesafb
(/lib/modiules/2.6.38-12-server/kernel/drivers/video/vesafb.ko): No such
device.

In looking at the directory, the file does exist.

I did a reboot and brought up the last kernel (2.6.38.11) and got the same
results.

 I now have no graphics desktop.

Any input as to how to correct this would be greatly appreciated as I use
this at work.