Empty directory not getting deleted in external harddisk

Linux Tyro ubuntu.bkn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:12:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com>wrote:

So it seems like your USB disk is /dev/sdb1. So in this case, Bruce
> Pieterse suggested that you should run the following in a terminal:
>
> fsck -y /dev/sdb1

It says me:

*****
/dev/sdb1 is mounted.

WARNING!!!  The filesystem is mounted.   If you continue you ***WILL***
cause ***SEVERE*** filesystem damage.

Do you really want to continue (y/n)?
****

Should I go? I have many imp. files in the usb drive hard disk and they
would remain safe i guess...?

--
Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's
wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"