Numlock

Freddy Van Ingelgom freddyek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:01:43 UTC 2011

Thanks for the many responses! numlockx is installed on my system (Ubuntu
11.10) and I try to use Unity. It is different from wath I was used before,
the Gnome desktop, but remebering that we should not be affraid of change, I
decided to go on with it. For the moment there are a few things I seem not
able to adapt to my preferences:

   - with 11.04 I added a few lines in /etc/gdm/Init/Default so that the
   keypath was on (NumLock on) when I was asked my password. Unity does not use
   that file for his settings I suppose, but wath is Unity using then?
   - I had a keylock applet (in 11.04) that showed on the screen the state
   of Numlock and Capslock. It was suggested I use "indicator-keylock" but I am
   unable to find it on the depository's or the Software Center as suggested by
   Jim Byrnes.

Help?

Freddy