Linux Mint

David Shochat david.shochat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:34:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Douglas Saylor <absdoug at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm CONSTANTLY bumping into the Unity toolbar. If I go for back
> button, I overshoot, out comes the toolbar now blocking said button.
> Same goes for the close, maximize & minimize button. The Unity toolbar
> sounds right, looks cool I actually WANTED to like it, but in the end
> I just didn't like it.

I assume you're talking about the Launcher. Have you tried having it
not auto-hide (so it's just there all the time)? I'm not at my home
(Ubuntu) box now, but I think it's in the compiz settings manager
(cssm?). Maybe in an "experimental" tab.
I agree that's a ridiculous place for it (and the Launcher icon sizing
pref) to be. I think the reasonable user expectation is that you
should just right mouse on the Launcher and get a "Launcher
properties" option. Or maybe put it with the other preferences. But
burying it in cssm is absurd. Also, I think many people have already
wondered why it can't be relocated to the bottom (default loc for the
Mac) or RHS.
-- David