Playing midi files to external synth in Oneiric

John D Lamb J.D.Lamb at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 23 17:23:01 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 13:45 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> > ----
> > rosegarden?
> >
> > Craig
>
> I think that feature is recently added to Ardour as well, but that
> might be somewhat overkill…

I’d forgotten about rosegarden. I mainly use it for midi input.
Rosegarden is overkill for what I want. And Ardour probably is too,
assuming it works. I’ve now written enough of an app to do what I want:
select a midi file, play it to the UX16 and stop midi when I quit the
applicaton in the middle of playing (rosegarden doesn’t do this).

--
John D Lamb