gnomebaker

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 10:44:22 UTC 2011

2011/10/23 Alan Pope <alan at popey.com>:

> On 23 Oct 2011, at 11:29, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> At a guess lack of upstream development. Looks like a dead parrot.
>>
>> Maybe dead, but still works better than Brasero, especially when
>> trying to burn an audio CD from 24-bit FLAC files. Gnomebaker converts
>> them to 16-bit for me automatically, Brasero just fails burning, and
>> as far as I remember there was not even an error message about it…
>> Gnomebaker lacks many features, but what it does, it does great, as
>> far as I have seen.
>>

> Is there an appropriate bug filed against brasero?

Oh, it was a long time ago, but I think I actually did. I remember I
discussed it here on the list and someone told me that I should
convert my files before burning them, so I just gave up and installed
Gnomebaker instead. I guess I thought that I had better things to
waste my time than arguing about things like that… :P

Anyway, I'll see if I can find my bug report (if I ever wrote it – I
think I did but I'm not sure).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ