update manager no longer asking for password in 11.10

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Oct 20 15:36:55 UTC 2011

On 20 October 2011 16:27, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:14:02 +0100
> Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
>
>> We do know. It's clearly detailed on the bug report.
>
> You mean that all the 4000+ mailing list members should peruse all the
> bug reports instead of asking questions on the /community support/ list?

No. But if you're going to type a reply to the list where a bug report
has been mentioned it kinda makes sense that you read the linked bug
report doesn't it? Not that much to ask.

> It would sure be happier-making were questions to be actually answered
> instead of diverted.

Diverting a question from a support list to an already existing bug
report makes sense to me.

> ..states what, not why.  The question is in regard to the why of it.
> I don't think /that/ reasoning (if such there be) is there on the bug
> report.

Fair comment. Perhaps ask the person who committed the change?

Al.