Oneiric "apt-get update" fails

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Wed Oct 19 09:12:35 UTC 2011

Gerrit Le Roux wrote:
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/main/binary-i386/Packages
> 404  Not Found
>
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or
> old ones used instead.
>

> Is the source wrong, and how do I change that, or is my Internet
> connection timing out?

It looks like it's simply the PPA changing its address. It'd be worth
checking Launchpad to see where it is. If you like, though, you can
safely ignore that message since it will have updated the index for all
the other repositories. You'd not be able to download anything from the
tualatrix ppa, but everything else should be fine.

--
Avi