11.10 root login as guest

Bruce Pieterse octoquadza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:58:55 UTC 2011

On Tue 18 Oct 2011 21:53:12 SAST, Hermann J. Beckers wrote:
> Am Monday, 17. October 2011 schrieb Bruce Pieterse:

>> Hi Hermann,
>>
> Hi Bruce,
>> This seems like a bug, the relevant username should be displayed
>> instead, in this case root. Can you file a bug report on launchpad.net
>> or simply use ubuntu-bug indicator-session through ALT + F2 (Run
>> Command).
> thanks for your prompt reply. I run ubuntu-bug indicator-session a few times
> because first I had problems with firefox's security settings. Removing
> ~/.mozilla helped. Firefox brought up the launchpad.net site. But as I have no
> account there, I cannot confirm that the bug is recorded.
>
> Yours
> Hermann-Josef

Hi Hermann-Josef,

The best way to file a bug is to use the ubuntu-bug application I
mentioned in previous e-mail. This way it can collect all the
information about your system and try and determine if the bug already
exists or not. The registration process is relatively quick and you
don't need an account to search for bugs, only for filing new bugs, add
comments and attachments etc.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce