Ubuntu One "bragging"

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Tue Oct 18 07:07:28 UTC 2011

chris wrote:
> > I'm going to uninstall Ubuntu One unless I can make that pop-up
> > stop. Is there a way to stop ALL pop-ups?
> >

> Yes. Move to Debian or Mint.

Assuming you're happy to introduce all the other potential problems
involved in switching distribution. In general, the easiest way to fix a
problem under Ubuntu is not to switch to an entirely new distro in the
hope that it has some different defaults there.

Personally, I'd file that bug, where you're likely to get a response
from the developers. I know there used to be a way to disable all
notifications, and I'd be very surprised if there isn't a means of
doing the same in Unity. Perhaps just hang around on here until someone
who does know how to do it reads your mail?

--
Avi