jme module missing in netboot installation

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 17 14:31:59 UTC 2011

Hi all

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64 with the netboot install on a
Shuttle XS35GTV2 using unetbootin and an usb stick.

Unfortunately the Ubuntu installation image can't set up the wired
network.
The module jme is missing.

I found a solution [1] but I don't know how to get it working since I
can't run make in the installation shell.

Another solution is from [2]. In the file jme.4freebsd:

 Alternatively, to load the driver as a
 module at boot time, place the following line in
 .Xr loader.conf 5 :
 .Bd -literal -offset indent
 if_jme_load="YES"

Unfortunately there's no loader.conf file on the usb stick.

Any thoughts on how I can install a minimal Ubuntu?

Cheers
Ramon

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1402076
[2] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man4/jme.4freebsd.html