Remote NX Sessions with 11.10 which "Work"!!!

Lawrence Houston ubuntu at greenfield.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 17 07:02:44 UTC 2011

Within my Remote NoMachine's NX Sessions I was only seeing Background,
there were NO Menus/Icons and therefore the Sessions were effectively
"Dead"...  This is how I got Unity 2D working with NoMachine's NX Client
(NoMachine NX Server installed on the Remote 11.10 Machine)...

Building on this Web Page which appears for be for 11.04's Unity???

http://askubuntu.com/questions/50503/why-do-i-get-unity-instead-of-classic-when-using-nx

This "Run the following command" Works!!!

    gnome-session --session=ubuntu-2d

And if gnome-session-fallback has been installed,
then this "Run the following command" will also Work...

    gnome-session --session=gnome-classic

One "Caveat" being the NoMachine NX Client has to be Manually
"Terminated" since it will NOT exit on its own???

Lawrence Houston  --  (ubuntu at greenfield.dyndns.org)