display issues

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:57:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 8:30 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
>> G. wrote:
>>>
>>> That bug is for AMD 64 architechture.  I have 32 bit.  Should I report
>>> a new bug?
>>
>> Nah, just mark yourself as affected by that one. If there's some
>> particular reason you think your bug has a different cause than that
>> one because of the architecture difference then it'd be worth
>> commenting so (and explaining), but the likelihood is that this is just
>> an omission to work around some peculiarity of the way the graphics
>> drivers work.
>>
>> In fact, more important than the word length of your kernel is the make
>> of your graphics card and which driver you're using; it'd be worth
>> commenting with those.
>>

>> --
>> Avi
>>
>> --
>>
> I filed a bug report 837599.  O am not sure if the problems are identical.
>
> Thanks everyone for helping.
>
> Do I mark this as solved?
>
> gary

Another question.  Is there a way to duplicate my original (the one
where I have the Unity problem) user's set up?  I can load into unity
with another user.  I would rather not have to reinstall the programs
I had installed.  I think I can move the files just by copying them,
there aren't that many.

Thanks

GaryK