display issues

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sun Oct 16 23:40:58 UTC 2011

G. wrote:

> That bug is for AMD 64 architechture.  I have 32 bit.  Should I report
> a new bug?

Nah, just mark yourself as affected by that one. If there's some
particular reason you think your bug has a different cause than that
one because of the architecture difference then it'd be worth
commenting so (and explaining), but the likelihood is that this is just
an omission to work around some peculiarity of the way the graphics
drivers work.

In fact, more important than the word length of your kernel is the make
of your graphics card and which driver you're using; it'd be worth
commenting with those.

--
Avi