Clock in menu bar says "Time"

David Shochat david.shochat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:48:58 UTC 2011

I had also reported this problem on the Ubuntu Forum (Installation &
Upgrades) and I got a reply from ebelhaire saying:
> The update suppresses the file /etc/timezone and this is at the origin of the problem of "Time" display.
> The file can be restored with the command :
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
> It solved the problem for me.

I did that and the problem was instantly fixed (did not have to go
back to the config dialog or anything). What is odd is that xclock
worked fine (obviously using the correct time zone all along). Also,
as I said before, the Date&TIme dialog always showed the correct time.
Oh well, I'm glad the problem is fixed.
-- David