11.10 no longer supports PS/2 keyboards?

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Fri Oct 14 00:10:52 UTC 2011

I upgraded a test system from 11.04 to 11.10, and after the downloads and
install but before the reboot, the PS/2 keyboard stopped working.

I forced a power off then booted it and still no keyboard. So I attached a
USB keyboard and that worked.

Thinking it was something left over from 11.04 causing the problem, I wiped
the drive and installed 11.10 from scratch using the USB keyboard. When it
was installed I shut it off, swapped back the PS/2 keyboard, turned it on,
and the keyboard still doesn't work.

It's a new MSI H61M-E33 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 motherboard.

Very odd. I'll try an older model motherboard and see what happens...