Nvidia driver problem

Bruce Pieterse octoquadza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:32:50 UTC 2011

On Thu 29 Sep 2011 01:37:57 SAST, Jon Anderson wrote:
> >/  My bad
> />/  sudo cp xorg.conf xorg.conf.orig
> />/  Enter your password, hit enter
> />/
> />/
> />/  cp: cannot stat `xorg.conf': No such file or directory
> />/
> />/
> /
> You can also run jockey-text -l in the terminal to confirm that the
> driver is enabled. This is my output:
>
> xorg:nvidia_173 - NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (Proprietary,
> Disabled, Not in use)
> xorg:nvidia_current - NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (Proprietary,
>
> Enabled, Not in use)<-- Not in use but enabled.
>

> So By your output what driver are you using (mine does the same thing, it tells me what isn't working)

Well, to be honest, i'm not sure why they have "not in use" when it is
in use. The current driver which is enabled and in use at this time on
my machine is xorg:nvidia_current. You can also try jockey-text -e
xorg:nvidia_current to enable the driver. You might even be able to get
some more information on why it's not working.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce