Is the list dead?

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Thu Oct 6 21:14:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 21:05, Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net> wrote: >> Maybe it's Steve Jobs reflections day - all my lists are glacial... >> > Hmm, possible. Didn't think it'd affect the traffic on this list this > much. > Steve passes, and for several hours no one had problems with their systems... > I learned visicalc on an Apple II. My first 'real' computer was a called a Fat > Mac because it came with 512k of ram. I even made an income by selling people > memory and processor upgrades for their Macintosh computers. So we go way > back, Jobs and I. > Jobs and Woz started something. Talk about right place right time. I thought the Apple II was a real computer; Many businesses used them on a distributed network, Corvus or something like that, included a centrally located hard drive, all networked and it wasn't Appletalk. I have an Apple IIgs, signed by the great Woz himself. Never owned a Mac, Lisa, or a Next. Radio Shack also sold a real computer starting in 1977, the TRS-80 (a.k.a the Trash 80) but it wasn't trash but in fact was more powerful than the Apple 6502 based Apple, a larger installed base, and in its heyday had more magazines and a huge community of people writing programs for it and also came in a business tabletop model with 8" Disk Drives. Then IBM came along with something called the PC and blew everyone out of the water. Guess we need to move this discussion to OT.  Clint