qt download and site certification

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:16:56 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 06:23 AM, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am working on a program that downloads GPS almanac data from a site
> and then performs calculations.
> The site I want to use is gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/ and a file I
> want to download is e.g.
>
> https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM
>
> This gives me problems with the site certification using the program
> download or downloadmanager as found in the examples directory.
> I think I must use ssl certification, but I do not knwo howto do this.
>
> I can download the file with wget as follows:
> wget --no-check-certificate
> https://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/archive/2011/ALMANACS/YUMA/200.ALM
>
> How can I introduce this --no-check-certificate in download or downloadmanager.

I'm not sure which specific program you're using here. Download or
downloadmanager are pretty generic terms, and an apt-cache search on
"download" brings up an awful lot of packages. Even narrowing the search
with grep still lists quite a few packages. However, if you know the
program you are using is a graphical front-end to wget, you can
create/edit the configuration file ~/.wgetrc to include the line,
"check-certificate = off", and it will tell wget to bypass validity
checking for ssl certs. I just tried it with the Gnome gwget program and
was able to download the ALM file without a hitch.

--
sktsee