Re: Converting a friend to Ubuntu - needs iTunes

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue Oct 4 07:36:18 UTC 2011

There is Wine (good luck with that).
If he is tied to itunes, then stay with windows.

Yes, there are players that work like itunes but the whole protection of the songs makes it nearly impossible for a new Linux user to deal with hacks that might be out there.

If he is a purchaser of songs, and isn't tied to the player, there are alternatives.

For example, I buy my songs from Amazon (no DRM protection) and I use Amarok for the player.

Sent from my HTC.