onieric power settings

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 18:05:00 UTC 2011

Jared Greenwald wrote:
> I think I must be going a bit crazy.  Recently, there was a large set
> of updates to Onieric and apparently one of them messed with power
> save and suspend settings.  Maybe I'm not the only one experiencing
> this...?
>
> I have my power save settings set to never suspend and never
> hibernate...
[...clipped...]
> ...  I tried to just increase the time that the screen was
> on before kicking in the screen off setting, but it seems that 1 hour
> is the max.

	Alan & Colin posted links to bugs for your issue, but on a 10.4 machine
I had, I wanted to increase the time beyond the 1 hour the GUI gave me.
I don't recall where exactly, but I went into the Configuration
Editor(gconf-editor) and cranked up the time there. I think the time is
in milliseconds? (600=1 hour)
	IIRC, the key is /apps/gnome-power-manager/timeout. Not sure if this
works/exists in Onieric, but it may be a starting point.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy in the internet.