[OT] get rid of OT

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Oct 3 13:35:00 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 03:41 AM, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 09/29/2011 08:57 AM, rikona wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm... originally I had reservations about heavy policing, but did
>> not want to add to the already loud OT noise. But, in posting a
>> somewhat different solution, and immediately getting a flippant answer
>> or sarcasm, I can see that perhaps your approach is the only thing
>> that might work. There are clearly some folks that do NOT want a
>> solution to the OT noise.
>>

> This entire discussion presupposes that ubuntu-users is broken and must
> be fixed. While there are certainly threads that go spiraling out of
> control, even the most verbal on those threads behave well by staying in
> the thread, making it easy to ignore.
>
> If there are 5,000 subscribers, (five THOUSAND?!?) is the list really
> broken? I find it hard to belive that so many people would stay
> subscribed to a list that was all noise with no worthwhile signal.

I don't believe the list is "broken". I seldom post, except a bit more
lately, but have learned a lot from just reading. I find the <Delete>
button to come in VERY handy for most of the traffic though.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -